Simple cable sets and complex cable harnesses with up to several hundred cables – we provide you with everything from one source. Thanks to our many years of experience in cable harness production, we can economically produce both small and large series.
Competence center for wiring harness production
The pre-assembly of cables is mostly fully automatic, thanks to the latest machines and equipment. However, assembly on laying boards is still done manually, which is not least decisive for the price level. In order to be able to realise attractive prices nevertheless, our cable harnesses and cable sets are produced not only in Germany but also in Southern and Eastern Europe, Asia and North Africa. Depending on the requested quantity and complexity, we select the appropriate production location – your contact person will always be us in Germany.
If required, we also integrate preassembled cable harnesses into complete assemblies so that our customers can obtain ready-to-install systems. The advantage of having only one contact person is obvious.
From wiring harnesses to ready-to-install systems
An essential part of our corporate philosophy has always been the endeavour not only to supply individual parts to our customers, but also to develop and manufacture ready-to-install systems and to supply them in line with their requirements. In recent years, we have also successfully dealt with the related technologies – Plastics Technology and Metal Working– in addition to cable harness production, so that today we are able to develop ready-to-install systems according to customer specifications and to produce them in series. It is always a special challenge to realize individual products even in small and medium quantities (annual requirement < 1,000 pcs.). Examples of successfully implemented projects can be found under Component Assembly.
Challenges in cable assembly
Cable assembly refers to the development and production of ready-to-install cables, cable sets and cable harnesses. The following challenges, among others, arise in this process:
- Variety of variants and modularization of wiring harnesses
- Heat generation of electrical components
- Country-specific fire protection regulations
- Mechanical wear and strain relief
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Seals for cable glands
- High currents and voltages
- Ambient temperatures and media resistance
- Less installation space
- Bending radius
- Weight of the wiring harness
Use our all-round service
- Personal customer advice and support
- New development, further development, cost optimization
- Creation of concept drawings, production drawings and material lists (BOM)
- Fast prototyping
- Creation of initial sample inspection reports (ISR)
- Demand-oriented production
- International serial supply
- Computer-aided process documentation
- Batch Traceability
- Continuous quality monitoring
Any more questions?
We are happy to advise you and provide you with a non-binding offer.