Requirements of the customer
- Quantity: 80.000 – 150.000 pcs. (large series)
- Development time: 3 – 4 months
- Target: The target was to develop an Adblue tank quickly and with low tool costs. The tank should have several openings for sensors and the add-on parts (control unit, pump, filter, relay) should be able to be attached directly to the tank.
- Individual serial number assignment with complete batch traceability
- Short development time and budget
- Guaranteed tightness when screwing the sensors
- Deformation resistance of the tank in frost
- Secure attachment of the attachments to the tank to dampen vibrations
- Chemical resistance of all components against urea
- Weighing up the feasibility with the individual manufacturing processes for plastic parts (blow moulding, rotational moulding, deep drawing, injection moulding). The selection was based on a number of factors, including technical feasibility, tool costs incurred, the cost and duration of tool making, the cost of parts for series production, the risk of change and scalability.
- Selection of the manufacturing process and final design in CAD
- Tool making and sampling within 3 weeks
- Tool making for moulded hoses within 10 days
- Construction of production line incl. mirror welding and pressure testing
- Development of packaging concept for safe transport
Use our all-round service
- Personal customer advice and support
- New development, further development, cost optimization
- Creation of concept drawings, production drawings and material lists (BOM)
- Fast prototyping
- Creation of initial sample inspection reports (ISR)
- Demand-oriented production
- International serial supply
- Computer-aided process documentation
- Batch Traceability
- Continuous quality monitoring
Any more questions?
We are happy to advise you and provide you with a non-binding offer.